Kim in Stockholm

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Stockholm Marathon

I went to watch the Stockholm Marathon today. This whole week has been unusually warm for Stockholm and today was the hottest day we've had so far. It hit 29C (mid-80s F) and the usual high should be around 20C (high 60s F). So, the 2pm start time was just plain cruel to the runners!

We had a picnic near the side of the road at the 13k and 35k markers. Since the marathon was 2 laps, we got to see the runners pass twice. We saw many runners get lapped by the front runners, which really can't help morale. I tried to get a picture with both some of our group and the runners in the background but I guess there was a lull.After we saw the front runners (both male and female) pass our location, we moved into the park, near the water, to continue our picnic/lazy summer day.

I walked home from the park around 10pm and here are some pictures I took on the bridge connecting the island we picnicked on with where I live.

1 Comments:

  • Wow, it really is quite beautiful there, isn't it?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home